Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The journal of a desperate househusband

While Jo is working, I've been off all week holding down the fort. Alone. So nice to catch up with life. I've realized the bitter sweets of trying to get things done while taking care of a (really good little) kid. And it seems like Jo is trusting me (with Isaac) more and more these days, or at least, she's not asking me like 50 bazillion questions about Isaac's day as soon as she walks in the door. (She wants to know everything like last feeding, quantity, bowel movements, consistency, body temperature, attitude... I'm like, dude, he's a baby.)

So, today I had some relief as Aunt Patty and cousin Isaac came over to babysit while I ran into work for a second. (Thanks, it was nice to get out.) I had to go talk to the statistician about this research project that I'm doing. Seems like they had an eventful hour as I walked into all three napping!


Otherwise the day was quite uneventful... other than the fact that I fed Isaac around 3 jars of baby food for lunch alone. Yeah, he just kept wanting another bite, and assumed that, you know, since he was a growing boy (he did look bigger to me this morning)... so after turkey, mash potatoes, carrots, lentils, rice, peaches, and more rice, I cut him off. My concern was childhood obesity, not the fact that he was sliding around in a pile of his vomit when Jo walked in the door. Yeah, I just lost like 50 "trust points" right then.

But that's beside the point, I'll re-earn them in no time, since I still have a couple more days of Dad-Son bonding this week... So, after I overfed my son, we set out by foot to find a barber shop that could walk me in, but no luck. Not even the salons would take us. Come on, a dad and a baby? I used Isaac's last afternoon cat nap as a break to buzz my own hair, without a mirrow. My sister-in-law already did the edges at the wedding a couple days ago, so I was just trimming away with the guard. Anywayz, check out da fade. Two views 4 ya.




Peace out. Time for food. Isaac and I are going to catch up with Jo, who is incidentally "running" to Uncle Charlie's for dinner. I bet we'll find her half-way, walking...

No comments: