Monday, April 07, 2008

Embarrassing story




Gon-gon and Po-po recently visited Taiwan and sent us a whole box of gifts that they got from there for us. Isaac's favorite gift is this new shirt (shown front and back). He likes all the letters even though sometimes they don't make sense. Yesterday, he wore it proudly to church, and I'm sure as soon as it makes it through the laundry, it'll be on him again this week.

On another note, I might be losing my touch with the art of hosting guests at our house. Saturday we made a last-minute decision and invited Mimi and Rob over for dinner. Jo took Isaac and went grocery shopping for the ingredients, while I had the dirty job of cleaning up the house with Jed. (Jo makes fun of me, but I always clean the house in only my boxers.) In the midst of all the noise from the radio and the vacuum, I didn't really even hear our early-arriving guests open the door and walk in, witnessing me full-frontal in my favorite camouflage underwear. Although it set the mood for a much more casual evening, i think it's safe to say that they definitely lost most of their appetite. You could even say that we bonded.

2 comments:

rgut said...

In our defense, we did knock really hard several times before barging in. The image is burned into our memories forever. Thanks for a great evening! The food was awesome!

Rob and Mimi

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan & Jo,
We hope that everything is going well with you!And congratulations with your kids!

Yarela and I are expecting our first baby girl! Her due date is september 1st., We are very excited! We are living in Springfield, IL.
Jason and Carla are doing great in Chicago, but no kids yet!
Keep in touch,
Stephen & Yarela
wizardfosgood@hotmail.com