Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where is daddy?


I love my husband of 5 years dearly...he is currently on a work mission trip to Honduras for the next two weeks. I am almost amazed at how hard it is for me when he is gone. I feel like it gets harder (not easier) the longer you have been married. I think I started crying even before he left...the good thing is I have been able to talk to him daily and have great family and friends around to help me with food and kids...for that, I am so grateful! and Grandpa Steve is coming to the rescue.:) It has been going okay so far. The kids are in a funk, but they are adjusting and I'm doing better knowing that Dan is okay and having a good time. I just miss him so much.

What I am amazed is that the kids are just as close to him. Isaac ask about him constantly and finally he said, "daddy is going to fly home and have lunch with us" or "I'm going to sing my song when daddy comes home from work and he's not going to work" at one point he even told me"mom, don't cry, daddy will come home soon." Isaac is even having a hard time sleeping...I know it's because he knows that Dan is not around.

As for Jed, we come home and he is searching and yelling for "Da" When Dan finally talked to him on the phone the other day, he literally got this excitement on his face, he was reaching for the phone and waving. When I had to take the phone away, he got so upset, he threw a fit for about half an hour.

1 comment:

Michael & May said...

It is very interesting that children at so aware.