Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Chinese New Year in Taiwan




My Aunt's log cabin in the mountains. It was as if we were in a different world...Away from the city and the business of life.


We are back from our trip to Taiwan for Chinese New Year. Where should I start? Isaac was awesome on the plane ride there and back, he slept the whole time and didn't even cry once! Chinese new year was a lot different than I expected..first of all, everything was closed for 5 days straight! and I never remember eating so much! It was really nice seeing my relatives and watching Steve and Maureen experience my culture. Although, they may have passed on the sea cucumber and street vendors, they did excellent for their first trip abroad. Dan even took Steve and Isaac on a Taipei sightseeing Taxis ride without me. How he communicated, I don't know...

1 comment:

Sally said...

What a cool trip. I would love to hear more about it sometime! I'm so glad you were able to go with such a young baby. How long was the flight? He slept through the whole thing? Wow!