Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jed is 4 weeks old

I am a bit lazy on downloading pictures..so more to come on that...Its been 4 weeks since Jed's born and boy, what a significant different from overwhelming, emotionally rollercoaster to now, enjoying my KIDS. Isaac is doing better in adjusting to his new brother that is not going anywhere anytime soon. He still wakes up periodiaclly, but has been really good for the past few days. He is talking up a storm..yesterday, we asked him what he learned at school, he mumbled something I didn't understand so I kinda brushed it off. I could tell Isaac knew that I had no idea what he was saying so he kept repeating it...finally dan goes, "Astranut!" I was like, no way...well, we looked at his daily progress sheet and yes, they learned about Astronut and Isaac was so excited that we finally understood him!

Jed is sleeping 2.5 to 3 hours...haven't hit that 4 hour stretch like Isaac did, but from pumping breastmilk, he is already chowing down 4 oz at a time...overall, his schedule has been somewhat predictable and boy does he get mad when food is not getting to him fast enough. Last night was a bit rough, I think he's got a cold of some sort--nose was all stuffed up, which was hard for him to breath thru his nose...He is smiling--don't know if its just gas, but I say he is smiling.

As for Dan and I, we found a great college babysitter...first time was over the weekend as a trial...so we can go on regular date night...this is how sad we are, we left the house and didn't even know what to do...we finally decided to go to Borders to sit, read, and chat. we both got a coffee..after about 10 min. Dan was like, are you done with your mocha? I looked down, and I was probably 1/4 left. We laughed and realize that we've been on kids mode, everything was in a hurry...

As for me recovering from my c-section---I am so much better...I started running/ slow jog..at 2 weeks. I know I wasn't suppose to, but the exercise really boost my energy dispite the sleepless nights. I've been taking Jed with my to the Y and have him in the carrier, while I do cardio or wts. I am still craving sweets, mainly chocolate--I thought that part of the pregnancy was over already..oh, well...

2 comments:

wendy said...

look at you getting out and about! WOW!

You sound good. When are we getting together again???

Sally said...

Hey, just a little tip about the congestion- Blake had that a couple weeks ago too. Get a bottle of saline solution (I have Ocean brand) and put a drop in the clogged nostril. The congestion- stuff suctions out much easier with the thing I call a boogie-getter (is it really called an aspirator??) You might already know that though since you're a nurse! It's what our ped. recommended for Nathan, and I was so glad to know that this time around.