Monday, August 04, 2008

Life is no longer the same....

In the past two weeks, I've turned the big 30 and celebrated Dan and I's 5 year anniversary. But the interesting part is that I don't feel so different and I don't feel particular old either. I feel like even more an adult. I was reading one of my friend, Shandis's blog when she turned 30, she was so right that in the 20s it was a time to find oneself and 30s is time for others. I totally agree. I don't think I know who I am or still struggling to find my role in this world. Here I am at 30 a wife, mother, with a career and blah blah. I have may roles God calls me to be, and I am excited to embark the next 30 years with hopefully a different point of view. I would like to focus on others: helping my kids find themselves and discover this large, but small world God has created, or embark on the mission field we've been called to be, be that supportive partner to further my husbands passion-eyes, to be that supportive friend when she/he needs a hand, to be that daughter called to serve, I guess I'm more excited than anything. There are many things I want to accomplish an do, but I can truly say, I am happy and I love my life. I don't life a picture perfect life, but I was squeezing my brains out trying to help Dan out with a birthday present...and honestly, I have been blessed with a very awesome husband who knows my needs and wants and selflessly supports me in my dreams and kids who loves me no matter now I imperfect I am.


Here is Dan taking my out on my birthday dinner date at Stanley's and Seaforts.




Our family on our short Mt. Rainer climb. We went with our friends, Rob and Mimi, whose daughter, Hana is Isaac's best friend. We made it to snow, but the same part is we can still see the parking lot...

2 comments:

May Yang-Lee Photography said...

HAPPY B- DAY!!!!

shandam said...

Congrats you guys! You guys are such an amazing couple and family - Jo, you've accomplished so much before your 30th bday, and u are truly someone i look up to who lives the life god calls her too - i know your 30's will be even more incredible than your already incredible 20's :o)