Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter weekend






We just got back from Chicago this past weekend...it was a short 4 day weekend packed with friends and family. I am so glad Dan got to get on the standby and fly in with me. I was actually getting a bit nervous thinking about bringing Isaac with me on the plane by myself.
First stop...Sarah's house...
My friend, Sarah, from loyola, picked us up from O'hare and went to her new home in Wheaton. Judy and baby Alyssa came and met up with us. It has been a long time since I last saw them. Dan was a bit sleeping being post=call, while the girls chatted and goo goo ga ga over the babies. Thanks Sarah for organizing everything and driving us around..we really appreciated it..and so glad to see you!!!
That night we went to my house in Lisle, IL and hung out with my parents and the Burks.
Second stop..Stall Residence...
I've been so looking forward to see Sally. Sally and us have been friends for over 8 years now..we don't talk on a regular basis, but Dan and I stalk her blog everyday. We were so excited to meet up again. It's like we were part of each other's past, present, and hopefully the future, its great how God just kept us all together. When we met up she had a great lunch made..Tim helped with the chopping, and baby Nathan was sooo cute! It felt like we never lost touch and picked up right where we left off. The other day, we were just telling Elizabeth and Mike this dolphin thing Sally use to do on at the apartment...hahaha
After our visit, the weekend went into high gear...from my sister's wedding shower to Rockford get togethers...Michael joined the shower with his often "inapproprate comments" and may getting excited about all her gifts..it was nice to be back with the family...
On the Solverson side, Dan's brothers and sister-in-laws finally got to meet Isaac. It's really neat to see them meet. I'm not sure if Isaac knew everything that was going on, but the pictures were so cute with his uncles and aunts. We had couple of relatives and friends who came in as well...Thanks Taylors for stopping by even after your trip back...you must be tired...Lester and Judy, thanks for dropping by and hanging out. Bob and Melissa..it was really nice seeing you guys..Melissa, you looked great! The Godfreys..thanks for taking your time to come a visit and the husbands for babysitting:) And all the uncles and aunts--you have now entered into a new realm--the GREAT uncle and aunts..thanks for all your gifts and time to come out and visit..
All in all...we are so blessed! Enjoy the pictures..

No comments: